The role of this committee is to care for personnel matters related to the ministry of the church. It seeks to interpret the role and function of the pastors and staff to the congregation, and to interpret the perspectives and insights of the congregation to the pastors and staff. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the pastors and staff in assessing their gifts and setting priorities for leadership and service;
- Proposing, reviewing, and updating job descriptions;
- Leading the congregation, pastors, and staff in annual mutual ministry evaluations;
- Serving as an interview team for prospective pastoral and staff positions;
- Handling personnel grievances;
- Reviewing and making recommendations regarding compensation; and,
- Guiding the congregation in appropriate ways to recognize and honor staff.
The committee meets at least quarterly; more as needed.
Rebecca Letterman, chair